Tuesday, July 15, 2014

There's A Crowdfunding Campaign For White Privilege And It Just Might Make Your Day

Despite what a lot of people may think, white privilege exists, and it is the cause of a great deal of racial disparities that exist in America. Now, one woman has come up with quite a unique idea: a kickstart campaign to gain white privilege.
GoFundMe.com user Yaya M. launched an "I need some white privilege!" crowd funding campaign on Wednesday in an effort to raise the money she feels she's been denied because of her lack of white privilege.
"Although I have layered oppressions that have affected my ability to access my slice of the American Pie™, no issue has affected me more readily than my lack of white privilege."
Yaya's end goal of $135,000 was calculated averaging her work history with an estimated rate of monetary disadvantage.

TO READ MORE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/14/white-privilege-fundraiser_n_5585470.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

No comments:

Post a Comment