Saturday, March 14, 2015

VIDEO- Pharrell Williams 'Happy' vs. Marvin Gaye 'Ain't That Peculiar' (mashup)

Well here we go again with Pharrell and Robin being MESSY! Lets understand that in today's so call music industry the respect of someone else work is being disrespected with the knowing that you stole someone else music that they compose. We all have to understand that today's producers are not composers but sample biting thieves when they know they have to get the music they used cleared. But the record labels and artists rather take the chance and  see if a lawsuit may come up.
But the dumbest person in this world knew that was Marvin Gaye work as there are many problems with many artists stealing other work including Beyonce "Drunk In Love' intro was used without permission from a Hungarian artists, Kanye and Jay Z is being accused of such said practice called. STEALING!

When rap records back in the beginning of Hip Hop started getting notice many got sued, or lost the right to publishing. And the word' SAMPLE" came up in this industry and the respect of paying for the SAMPLE was granted to most artists and not the publishing. But alot don't know being the writer and publishing of the said song is where the real money is at. So instead of doing good business, why not just take it and deal with it later.
THERE IS NO RESPECT TO THE COMPOSER WHO CREATED ORIGINAL MATERIAL THESE DAYS.
Even in the crooked days of  White artists re recording the Black artists song over at least the writers and publishing credit were on the labels of the songs of the said artists and they got paid for their work.
Pharrell and Robin knew what they were doing, so did the record label and every awards show that gave them an award knew that was Marvin Gaye song. So shouldn't they give them back. I can remember a group called Milli Vanilli having to give back their Grammy for not being the real singers on their songs.
Every DJ at every HOT, POWER or whatever tagline these stations have knew that was Marvin Gaye song ripped off. But if you had ask them their opinion they would have had no answer in fear of losing their job. And this is what we called the one who are thought to have power are powerless and are controlled by the paycheck.
To me a crook will always be a CROOK!
Pharrell just go ahead and take care of business the right way. Again taking Marvin Gaye Music.Yeah you did a good job of coming up with new lyrics.


A court is awarding Marvin Gaye's family $7.3 million in the "Blurred Lines" lawsuit, and now another chart-topper might come under fire: Pharrell Williams' "Happy." YouTube videos have pointed out similarities between the track and Gaye's 1965 single, "Ain't That Peculiar," for months, but now the family says there may be grounds for legal action.
"I'm not going to lie. I do think they sound alike," Gaye's daughter, Nona Gaye, told "Entertainment Tonight" correspondent Nischelle Turner in an interview. His ex-wife Janis also said, "I heard the mash-ups -- but I didn't really need to hear them. I know 'Ain't That Peculiar' and I've heard 'Happy.'" No charges have been filed.

to read more http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/13/marvin-gaye-pharrell-happy_n_6863992.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%20Voices



2 comments:

  1. THE MIGHTY SPELL CASTER THAT HELPED ME SOLVED MY URGENT CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM.
    I dont know how to really thank Dr. Keke Odin for what he did for me. My Name is Anita Kelly from Los Angeles, i was dating this man who i loved very much for over four years now without any problem in our relationship. so at a point he changed so suddenly after returning from the office and started behaving so strangely. it even got to the extent that he told me it was over and i should never call him again. This was a person that loved me with everything that he had. When i told my friend jenny what happened, she introduced me to a great spell caster called DR KEKE ODIN, the chief priest of all spell caster. At first sight this man told me all my problems that it was his secretary that used a charm on him. Dr KEKE ODIN told me not to worry that he will help me solve the problem. The following day, i was in the house in a sober mood when i first received a message from my boyfriend that he was very sorry and before i dropped the phone, he called me again to say he is on his way home and that he was truly sorry for everything. To my greatest surprise, one week later he engaged me and we got married. All Thanks to KEKE ODIN. You can contact him through the following means

    Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

    Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

    website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com




    THE MIGHTY SPELL CASTER THAT HELPED ME SOLVED MY URGENT CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM.
    I dont know how to really thank Dr. Keke Odin for what he did for me. My Name is Anita Kelly from Los Angeles, i was dating this man who i loved very much for over four years now without any problem in our relationship. so at a point he changed so suddenly after returning from the office and started behaving so strangely. it even got to the extent that he told me it was over and i should never call him again. This was a person that loved me with everything that he had. When i told my friend jenny what happened, she introduced me to a great spell caster called DR KEKE ODIN, the chief priest of all spell caster. At first sight this man told me all my problems that it was his secretary that used a charm on him. Dr KEKE ODIN told me not to worry that he will help me solve the problem. The following day, i was in the house in a sober mood when i first received a message from my boyfriend that he was very sorry and before i dropped the phone, he called me again to say he is on his way home and that he was truly sorry for everything. To my greatest surprise, one week later he engaged me and we got married. All Thanks to KEKE ODIN. You can contact him through the following means

    Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

    Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

    website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY MAN BACK
    i just want to start this way by giving a huge thanks to this man DR. UGO ANDREW for what he has just done in my life and my family . At first i thought it won,t work because many has failed me before but on a second thought i said let me just try and to my best surprise Harris my husband that said and insist he has nothing to do with me and my family again called me immediately this great man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com cast a love spell on him and started begging for forgiveness. Well i love him so much and at once i accepted him back and today we are both living in pace and harmony, all the glory is to this man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com DOC I THANK YOU once again for you are worthy of all the praise and thanks. forever am grateful and shall ever be to you . i also want to say if you are out there passing through any relationship issues you can contact him today and i strongly believe he will also help you out. once again you can contact him through the following way

    Email Address: generalspelltemple@gmail.com

    WhatsApp Number: +1 (518)855-8371

    Facebook page: www.facebook.com/generalspelltemple

    ReplyDelete